As part of our “Eat Local, Buy Local” beliefs we are having a Strawberry Festival in June!
There will be farm fresh strawberries by the carton available for purchase, as well as strawberry flavored breads, muffins, desserts and jams. Specials, contests, live music and other strawberry themed events and games for adults and children. Come, enjoy and have a ‘berry’ good time!
Date: Saturday, June 21, 2014
Time: 8am to 2pm
Place: Downtown Richmond Farmers Market; First Street (between Irvine Street and Main Street), Richmond KY
For our Strawberry Festival contestants:
To celebrate this event we will host a competition. On June 21st there will be a Judged event. We are looking for the best culinary dishes, deserts, jams and Jellies all made out of STRAWBERRIES.
There will be prizes given out for:
- The Best Dessert
- The Best Preserve
- The most unique entry
- The Best over all with $100.00 Prize money!
The rules are as follows:
- The entries main ingredient must be made out of Strawberries.
- The entry must be made solely by you.
- The strawberries MUST be bought at a local farm or farmers market, or grown by you . NO STORE BOUGHT, IMPORTED PRODUCTS Allowed.
- Each entry must be registered and a $5.00 Registration fee paid.
- You can request a registration form by going to our registration page.