Jammin’ on Main – A New Event in Downtown Richmond
Downtown Richmond Association is working hard to enhance downtown Richmond’s economic growth and the quality of life in our community by protecting, preserving and promoting historic Downtown Richmond as a great place to live, work and visit. In line with their mission, they have events through the year that bring the community together for fun, enriching and often free activities.
Thursday evenings are always a great night to come downtown with Thursday Night Live, the Downtown Richmond Farmers’ Market, and on the first Thursdays of the month (through July) we have the Family Fun &Fitness event. This year, we are adding a new event on the fourth Thursday of the month, called Jammin’ on Main.
Jammin’ on Main is a free concert for all ages where we will showcase local bands and all are invited to dance, sing along, and make music together as a community. Bring your friends, family, a lawn chair or blanket, relax and listen to great local bands and musicians. The Farmer’s Market will be setup so you can also shop local with our vendors. We will also have food trucks available with great local food, drinks and snacks.
Jammin’ on Main takes place on the first Thursday from June to October, from 6:00 to 8:00pm. The Bands & Musicians will be playing on the courthouse steps, in Downtown Richmond KY.
Here’s our 2015 Line up:
June 4: Kick-off Event – Melody Youngblood
- Sponsored by Startup Production
- About Melody: From Berea KY, Melody with her beautiful soulful voice has appeared at many local venues including EKU Center for the Arts, the Downtown Richmond Farmers Market and Purdy’s Coffee Company. Her music style is Americana.
- For More Info: reverbnation.com/melodyoungblood
July 2: Folk Night – Cherish the Blue
- Sponsored by Four Sisters Soap & Tea Emporium
- About the Band: Cherish the Blue is an experimental folk band from the heart of the Bluegrass. No one has been able to nail down a genre of their music. Snippets of bluegrass and folk, a dash of jazz, hints of Irish, with definite maritime elements… combine them all and you get Cherish the Blue!
- For More Info: facebook.com/cherishtheblue or www.cherishtheblue.com/
August 6: Local Church Choirs Sing-off
September 3: Bluegrass Night – Restless Leg String Band
- Sponsored by Spencer Land Surveying
- About the Band: Incorporating traditional bluegrass numbers, originals, and a wide range of cover material, Restless “Bluegrass” is distilled straight from the heart of the Kentucky!
- For More Info: reverbnation.com/restlesslegstringband4
October 1: Madison County Schools Chorus Sing-off
The concert will take place on the Richmond KY Courthouse steps, 101 W. Main Street in Downtown Richmond. *In case of Rain: We will move event inside at Cafe Meeples or Purdy’s Coffee Company. Check our website for details: www.downtownrichmondassociation.com.
Local Downtown Businesses will offer drink & food specials! Also, the Downtown Richmond Farmers Market vendors will be set up.