Downtown Richmond’s Jammin’ Community Picnic – 2017
WHEN: Summer 2017, Saturday 11am to 1pm on July 8, August 12 & September 16. During the Downtown Richmond Farmers Market!!
WHERE: Band will be playing on the courthouse steps, Downtown Richmond, KY. There will be plenty of FREE parking available. Food truck & vendors will be set up in front of the courthouse, as well as food & drink specials at Downtown eateries.
ABOUT: A celebration for Downtown Richmond for local residents of all ages, which includes:
- Live Music from local area bands, musicians and singers.
- Box Lunch Deals from local Cafes & Restaurants*
BOX LUNCH SPECIALS:
Many of our Downtown Richmond eateries are offering lunch specials exclusive to the Jammin on Main concert-goers. So buy your lunch special at the following participating restaurants, bring it on the lawn and listen to great local musicmakers for our FREE concert series.
- Four Sisters Tea & Soap Emporium: Box Lunch Special for $6.99 (includes sandwich, side salad and iced tea).
- Jerusalem Mediterranean Grill: Lunch Special $6.99 (includes sandwich or meat, fries and drink)
- Jackson’s Restaurant: Lunch Special 15% Off any item on the Lunch Menu
- Babylon Cafe: Lunch Special $5.99 (includes choice of sandwich, rice and salad)
- Purdy’s Coffee Co: Lunch Special 15% off (please mention JAMMIN Discount)
- Meeples Restaurant: Lunch Special $5.00 (includes sandwich choice of Jamaican Jerk, Buffalo Chicken or BBQ Pork, Chips and Cookie)
- Subway of 110 E. Water Street: Lunch Special – Free 21oz Beverage and Cookie with the purchase of a 6″ or Foot Long Sub
- Straight from Texas Bar-B-Que: Lunch Special $8.00 (includes pork platter with two sides), this is $2.00 off the regular price.
- Madison Garden: Garbage Omelette Meal Special for $5.99 (Served 11am-3pm)
- Main Street Bakery: Donut Special – Buy 1 donut, get the 2nd half off.
- Southern Sweets Candy: 10% off purchase of in-house homemade treats only. Stop in as they’ll have their Popcorn and Cotton Candy machines going during the concert.
- [Print out specials: 2017-Jammin-Lunch-Specials-pdf]
OUR 2017 Lineup:
Saturday, July 8th – Ben Lacy & Band
Ben has played locally in his hometown of Lexington, Kentucky with many bands, ranging in styles from jazz/funk to dance to metal. Around 2000, Ben became a solo act, but still enjoys a duet with Bob Bryant, bass extraordinaire. The duo has had the honor of opening for Tower of Power twice in Kentucky. Outside of Kentucky Ben has performed around North America and in Europe.
Ben has performed with musician greats such as Al Di Meola, Larry Coryell, George Duke, Joey DeFrancesco and Phil Keaggy. He has shared the bill with Frank Gambale and Tommy Emmanuel. He has played with Sting’s guitarist, Dominic Miller, in London, England. Ben did some session work with Scotty Anderson for a 9/11 tribute. Ben has also played in tribute shows to Chet Atkins and Les Paul. In July 2003, Ben had the honor of literally handing Les Paul his lifetime achievement award at Muriel Anderson’s All Star Guitar Night at the historic Ryman Auditorium. Another particular honor has been meeting one of his guitar heroes, Steve Morse.
More info: http://www.benlacy.com/
Saturday, August 12th – Five Below Band
The Five Below Band is a regionally known band that performs in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. Their style of music leans toward Southern Rock, Classic Rock and The Blues. Five Below Band’s musical influences are The Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes, Bob Segar, BB King, Jonny Lang, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Matchbox Twenty, The Police, The Faces and ZZ Top.
The band has been performing together since 2000. They have composed and recorded several original songs that include “Sweet Solitude” and “Nasty Bed.” Their song “Sweet Solitude” was selected by The Midwest Rocker for Life 2007 CD. This CD was part of the GROUND CONTROL drunk driving prevention campaign for the Midwest.
Five Below Band has performed at Rupp Area, Parlay Social, Baxters 942, Gerstle’s, Manchester Music Hall, and Bogart’s to name a few. Each year during the summer, the band also plays at several local area festivals; ABATE of Indiana Boogie in Springville, IN, International Bar-B-Q Festival in Owensboro, KY, and Kentucky State Fair in Louisville, KY.
Saturday, September 16th – The Jeff Richey Experience
The Jeff Richey Experience (JRE) is Berea’s all-original jazz-rock band, performing and recording its own material in a Steely Dan-meets-Big Star mode since 2013. Saxophone, guitar, bass, drums, and two-part vocal harmony blend at the intersection where power pop meets hard bop. The JRE’s five album releases may be found online at Amazon.com, CD Baby, and iTunes. Band members: M. Berheide – drums / Z. Irvin – sax / J. Richey – vox, bass, keys / R. Rorrer – guitar, vox.
“When his bandmates suggested they call themselves ‘The Jeff Richey Experience,’ frontman Jeff Richey thought they were messing with him. But the name is meant to be tongue-in-cheek… ‘with a sort of laughing-at-yourself element that I can appreciate.’ There’s certainly temptation to take himself too seriously… since nearly two-thirds of their songs are Richey originals. However, snickering at their own band name takes them back to the group’s first rule: to have fun.” – Richmond Register
More info: https://www.reverbnation.com/TheJRE
Highlights from 2016:
COST: Free Admission and Free Parking
Event Coordinators: Colleen Spencer and Nicole Mueller (859.624.2981)
We Invite Local Bands, Musicians & Choirs to Perform!
(1) Please fill out the form below.
(2) Please fill out 2017 Jammin Performer Agreement. Then fax (866.431.4594) or mail to:
Rose Rex, Coordinator
Jammin on Main Event
239 W. Main Street,
Richmond, KY 40475
(3) We cannot guarantee any appearance but we will contact you for more information and confirmation. Any questions