Downtown Richmond Association is an organization that is dedicated to enhance downtown Richmond economic growth, the quality of life in our community by protecting, preserving and promoting historic Downtown Richmond as a great place to live, work and visit.
As part of Downtown Richmond Association’s mission to enhance the quality of life in our community as well as promoting local businesses, we are launching a new FREE concert series called Third Thursday. This NEW event that showcases local musicians and bands occurs each month on the third Thursday from May to October from 6:00-8:00pm, and works in conjunction with Downtown Richmond’s Thursday Night Live that takes place weekly from April to October.
In our effort to provide an enriching event that is free and can be enjoyed by all ages, we invite all of Richmond, Berea and surrounding counties’ including adults and children of all ages, as well as EKU & Berea College students and faculty. Bring a lawn chair, a blanket, and your family and friends to sit on the lawn of the Downtown Richmond courthouse to relax, unwind and socialize with your community. The bands will be playing on the courthouse steps, Downtown Richmond, KY. There will be plenty of FREE parking available.
The event will also feature local vendors for farm fresh produce, baked goods, crafts, jellies, jams, honey, soaps, lotions and so much more. The Downtown Richmond Farmers Market vendors will be setup on Main Street, between First and Irvine Streets. There will also be other vendors including Mary Kay, Thirty-One, Kentucky craftsmen, artists and other local businesses. (If you would like more information about vending at our Third Thursday series, please email our market manager.)
There will also be great food available with Smitty’s BBQ, food trucks and food vendors, as well as local Downtown eateries offering specials including Purdy’s Coffee Company, Cafe Meeples, Babylon Gardens, Apollo Pizza, Madison Garden Bar & Grill and more…
There will be activities for the kids: The Madison County Public Library will be out hosting a kid’s dance contest, with prizes for the kids.
The Grand Opening event on May 19th will feature Restless Leg String Band. About the band:
- Incorporating traditional bluegrass numbers, originals, and a wide range of cover material, RLSB started booking gigs and pickin’ in late 2013. Quickly gaining a reputation for festivals and venues alike, Restless “Bluegrass” is distilled straight from the heart of the Kentucky! (Sounds Like: Rumpke Mountain Boys, Leftover Salmon, Old Crow Medicine Show, Cornmeal, The New Old Cavalry)
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-zbU9bWh20
- Website: www.reverbnation.com/restlesslegstringband4
And here is our 2016 concert series lineup:
- June 16 – Over the Top with John Harden
- July 21 – Cherish the Blue
- August 18 – Ben Lacy
- September 15 – Modern Marilyn (this will take place at City Fest on EKU Campus)
- October 20 – The Jeff Richey Experience
More info: Visit our Third Thursday information page.