Rose Rex is a Mortgage Loan Officer for Regions Bank dba Regions Mortgage. She is a Bank University and Branch Manager Academy Graduate with over 23 years of Banking & Lending experience. She is also the Downtown Main Street Coordinator for the City of Richmond.
She moved to Kentucky in November 2010 with her husband Dr. Rick Van Winkle, who is a native of Berea and a Chiropractor (Berea Chiropractic) after living in Sarasota, Florida for 31 years. She is originally from the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
Rose is known for her involvements in Madison County. She is a Member with the Richmond Chamber of Commerce and Madison County Board of Realtor. Rose is also a Business Babes Society Member.
She was hired as Coordinator for the Downtown Richmond Association in late 2011, and has accomplished much in her first years with dedication, persistence and a lot of patience.
Her Achievements with Downtown Richmond Association
- She reinitiated Thursday Night Live, which showcases local restaurants, bars and venues’ specials, live music and other exciting events to draw residents downtown to relax and unwind.
- She started the Family Fun & Fitness event in 2013, with board members Diana Ray and Nicole Mueller, to provide a focus on health and fitness for women and children.
- She has supported the events of Market Manager, Melodie Lincavage in bringing a farmers’ market downtown so fresh produce and locally produced items available to the Downtown residents and shoppers.
- Rose continues to build relationships with EKU, the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism department, Richmond Arts Council, and Richmond Industrial Development Corporation to collectively grow and promote our Downtown.
- Her focus in the past two years have also been in the beautification of our Downtown. She has worked alongside David Gannon and Dana Overall to remove garbage can storage and pickup from the front of storefronts.
- She has also had a large participation in the following beautification improvements: painting street light and traffic light poles, City Hall windows cleaned inside and out, City Hall’s brass rails cleaned and polished, Street cleaner runs at 5am instead of 7am to prevent congestion and traffic issues, damaged storefront windows repaired or replaced, mulch and landscaping around City Hall, hanging flower baskets on Main Street during Spring & Summer, and new street banners to show the Town & Gown partnership.
- She continues to serve as liaison for Downtown Richmond business owners and city government so that their issues or concerns are heard, and hopefully answered and met.
Contact Rose regarding any questions or comments:
Phone: (859) 559-0032
Fax: (866) 985-8488
Her past achievements while in Florida included:
- Chairperson for the North Port YMCA Advisory Council for 6 years
- Charlotte County YMCA Board Member for 6 years
- North Port Farmers Market Board Member
- Co-Founder of Vision North Port
- Treasurer of the Do The Right Thing of Sarasota County for 15 years.
- North Port Chamber Member for 16 years (Board Member for 6 years)
- North Port Contractors Association Member for 16 years
- Sunday School Teacher for Beginners (2 & 3 yr olds) for 22 years
- 2006 North Port Leadership Graduate
- 1999/2000 President for the North Port Chamber of Commerce
- 2004/2005 Business Person of the Year
- Treasurer for the North Port Contractors Association for 10 years,
- Chairperson for the North Port Big Brothers/Big Sisters Advisory Board for 10 years
- Junior Achievement Teacher at North Port Toledo Blade Elementary
- Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity Board Member for 6 years
- EDC Advisory Member for the City of North Port.
- President & Co-owner of Golf & Tennis Retail Store